General Charge for APNA Councils
To be thought leaders for the American Psychiatric Nurses Association.
Councils are to serve as thought leaders for the American Psychiatric Nurses Association and work toward fulfillment of the general charge for councils within their established overall vision and goals.
- Conduct external environmental scans.
- Conduct internal council assessments and discussions to identify member needs within your council’s subject area(s).
- Synthesize information: information gathered from environmental scans, from Member Bridge conversations, etc.
- Provide accurate information to inform conversations.
- Monitor content of website to ensure that it is up-to-date and aligned with APNA’s strategic direction (core values & purpose, goals, envisioned future).
- Recognize council members for their achievements.
- Build an Enduring Structure – Identify and mentor promising new leaders.