Chapter meeting space is provided during the APNA Annual Conference. The 2019 meetings will be held on Friday, October 4 from 6:30 pm - 7:30 pm Central time. Check here for room assignments.
Ideas for Agenda Topics:
Membership Information for Chapter Meetings
We've created a PDF that includes membership applications, meeting announcements, and member benefit information.
Chapter Meetings on a Budget
These ideas are suggestions for chapters who need to establish a presence in their state and get members more engaged in getting together.
1. Hold a virtual meeting using the conference call service provided by APNA. Send the invitation text to email@example.com and the invitation including a toll-free number for members to participate will be sent out.
2. Open up the board meeting conference calls to the whole chapter. Send the text to firstname.lastname@example.org can send out the e-mail invitation including a toll-free number for members to participate.
3. Recruit a sponsor for an event (e.g. provide conference space, food, computer, projector, etc.). Considerations would be:
a. The program should be for scientific and educational purposes only and will not promote products, directly or indirectly.
b. The program should comply with federal and state laws that regulate business practices between health care manufacturers and customers.
4. Breakfast, lunch or dinner discussions on common issues and concerns. May be occasional, monthly or bi-weekly. (Hint: arrange in advance for a discussion leader).
5. Networking get together - have a very informal gathering for coffee or a meal.
6. Ask members if somebody has a workplace that could provide meeting space.
7. Review your membership roster to see if there’s someone that could present on a topic of interest to the members. This person may well be able to donate their time for a meeting.
8. Conduct a silent auction - solicit donations and hold a silent auction during a larger event.