Recovery Council Call for Videos
Illustrate the Power of Storytelling: Share a Story of Recovery
The APNA Recovery Council wants to spread the spirit of hope...and give you the chance to participate in a unique way. In order to illuminate best practice and celebrate the power of recovery-based interventions, the APNA Recovery Council invites you and/or your group to tell us a story of lived experience. The perspective might be from a care provider, a client, or a student. We know these moments are memorable and can help teach and motivate others. That's why we want to gather stories and integrate them into APNA Recovery Council communications - from our interactive panel at the APNA Annual Conference to the website.
Can you share a moment when a difference was made, a behavior was changed, or an individual's spirit was renewed? Share this story of lived experience using your phone - it's that easy. Some examples of content might include a 2-3 minute video description of how:
- Sharing stories of personal recovery has helped others
- An individual can rebuild a healthy social network
- Individuals used their strengths in recovery
- A relationship with a peer specialist supported recovery
Submit your story to the APNA Recovery Council, using the instructions below, by June 22, 2017:
- Use your phone to shoot a 2-3 minute video sharing a story of recovery. (See this article for tips)
- Download and fill out this consent form. (Anyone who is featured in your video must fill out and sign a copy of this form.)
- Save the video file and signed consent form to your computer.
- Click here to upload your video file and signed consent form to Dropbox.
The APNA Recovery Council will review all submissions and evaluate them for inclusion of recovery principles, professional intervention illustrated, quality as a learning tool, and more. Select presentations may be integrated into an innovative presentation for the APNA 31st Annual Conference in Phoenix this October. Video submissions may also be posted on the APNA website for education, awareness, and inspiration. Participants will be notified in August if their submission will be featured in a presentation at the APNA Annual Conference or used on the website.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.