Nurses are on the frontlines during the COVID-19 (coronavirus) pandemic, providing crucial care in the face of unprecedented circumstances. Use these tools, recommended by other nurses, to easily and quickly boost your resilience and manage your stress.
How are you feeling, really?
As a nurse during the COVID-19 pandemic, you are encountering unique challenges and stressors. Based on your anonymous answers to these 10 questions, you’ll get tailored suggestions gathered by fellow nurses to help you here and now.
|Curated Digital Toolkit|
Looking for help and not sure where to start? Use this Nurses’ Guide to Mental Health Support Services to better understand what support systems and services are available to you and how to locate them. From peer support options to easy and anonymous ways to find a mental health provider, this guide provides steps to locate the mental health support that is right for you. You are not alone!
Moodfit, a mobile app is customized for nurses to support you with wellness goals. You can set your goals using best-practice methods such as mindfulness meditation, breathing exercises, lifestyle tracking (sleeping and nutrition) and set up reminders at times appropriate for you.
- Download the app through Google Play or the Apple App Store. When setting up your account, enter program code ANF30 for customized nurse-focused messaging. Through a grant from the American Nurses Foundation, nurses have access to the premium portions of this app at no additional cost.
This guide provides recommendations for sleep and fatigue management during high-intensity periods of work for nurses on the frontlines of the COVID-19 pandemic.
A Nursing State of Mind Podcast Series
In this podcast series, two veteran nurses discuss coping mechanisms in response to the demands of COVID-19 with practical ideas to renew your energy, confidence, and the passion for nursing.
|Virtual Support System|
If you find yourself wanting to talk with someone after a challenging shift, relieve yourself of stressful thoughts, or rebuild your resilience with emotional support the Happy App warm line can help. This easy-to-use smart phone app connects you 24/7 and you can speak one-on-one with a Support Giver team member from the comfort and privacy of your home.
- Download the app at https://gethappy.app.link/ANA or visit the website https://gethappy.app.link/happyANA.
- Through a grant from the American Nurses Foundation, nurses have access to their first call at no cost.
Help process your experiences related to COVID-19 with this five-week guided Narrative Expressive Writing program. Participants are invited to respond anonymously to weekly prompts that are reviewed and responded to by trained professionals.
- Christine Tebaldi, MS, PMHNP-BC - Workgroup Chair
- Kimberly Barnes-Ayers, BSN, RN-BC, MEd
- Rosalind DeLisser, APRN, FNP-BC, PMHNP-BC
- Dallas Ducar, MSN, RN, CNL, NREMT-B
- Diane Esposito, PhD, ARNP, PMHCNS-BC
- Kathy Johnson, MSN, PMHCNS-BC, PMHNP-BC
- Jaime Lovelace, BSN, RN-BC
- Kate Pfieffer, APRN, PMHCNS, PMHNP
- Michael Rice, PhD, APRN, BC, FAAN
Funded by the American Nurses Foundation.