Get Involved & Connect
APNA’s most valuable asset is you.
Member involvement is what shapes and drives APNA. Below are the ways that you can get involved and join nurses from all over in advancing and advocating for psychiatric-mental health nursing.
- Join a Committee or Council – APNA members play a key role in the organization’s direction and policies through their involvement in its councils, committees and task forces.
- Chapter Involvement – You can also get involved in APNA at the local chapter level. Find your local APNA Chapter and learn about what’s happening with APNA in your region.
- Visit Member Bridge – Visit Member Bridge to answer questions or ask your own, provide input, and disseminate information in the All Purpose Discussion Forum; join a Council Advisory Panel; or enroll in APNA’s mentor matching program!
- Present at the Annual Conference – Share your expertise! Submit an abstract proposal for consideration as a concurrent session or poster presentation at the APNA Annual Conference. The Call for Abstracts generally occurs each year in January with a deadline in late February/early March.
- Volunteer at the Annual Conference – Volunteer! Respond to the call for volunteers and help us make the conference a success by keeping speakers on schedule, checking-in poster presenters, and more!
- Write Content for Members’ Corner eNewsletter – Interview a member, review a book, share news about yourself, or write an article for the bi-monthly Members’ Corner eNewsletter. Email Communications Manager Meaghan Trimyer for more information at email@example.com.