APNA members connect with a dynamic community of psychiatric-mental health nurses, exceptional resources and educational programs, and opportunities to advance the PMH nursing profession.
“I really value my membership in APNA. It is the only organization that really ‘gets’ what I do.”
Continuing Education & Professional Growth
- Enhance your PMH nursing knowledge with APNA’s more than 230 online continuing education sessions, programs, and more (> 250 contact hours)
- As a member, get access to 4 free sessions each month!
- Member bonus points to save on content of your choice in the APNA eLearning Center
- Learn the latest best practices in psychiatric-mental health nursing or share your expertise as a presenter at the Annual Conference
- Earn psychopharmacology contact hours with cutting-edge sessions at the Clinical Psychopharmacology Institute
- Expand your local connections by participating in your chapter regional events and educational opportunities
- Apply for grants and scholarships from APNA
- Manage your resumes, browse job postings specific to your needs, and access career advice with APNA CareerLine
Networking & Information Access
- Connect with your fellow members and benefit from each other’s expert knowledge through Member Bridge, APNA’s networking and discussion site.
- Participate in the All-Purpose Discussion Forum for the latest topics, tips, and advice from your colleagues.
- Access current PMH nursing research with a subscription to the bi-monthly Journal of the American Psychiatric Nurses Association (JAPNA).
- Enrich your nursing practice with the wealth of resources in the Resource Center: position papers, guides, kits, and tools specific to topic areas within PMH nursing, as well as medication updates, graduate programs listing, and more.
- Become a part of a collegial community and make an impact on your field by joining APNA volunteer committees.
- Stay up-to-date on info relevant to PMH nursing through APNA News: The Psychiatric Nursing Voice.
- Enjoy Digital Membership with the American Nurses Association – access a network of nurses from across disciplines, ANA online publications, free & discounted programs and continuing education, and more.
Opportunities to Save
- Save on regular registration fees for the APNA Annual Conference and the Clinical Psychopharmacology Institute.
- Download full-text articles from JAPNA at no cost (a savings of $39 per article).
- Receive reduced rates on APNA continuing education programs and bonus points to use in the APNA eLearning Center – Earn contact hours for free!
- Save on certification, exams, and review materials from the American Nurses Credentialing Center with deals exclusively for APNA members. ANCC Discounts
- Enjoy discounted prices (up to 50% off!) on select publications as a part of APNA’s Publications Discounts Program.