Journal of the American Psychiatric Nurses Association (JAPNA)
The Journal of the American Psychiatric Nurses Association (JAPNA) is the official journal of the American Psychiatric Nurses Association and has the largest readership of psychiatric-mental health nurse academics and scientists, at RN and advanced practice levels, of any nursing specialty journal. A bimonthly peer-reviewed journal, JAPNA serves as a mechanism for global dissemination and dialogue among nurses and health care professionals involved in the science, education, and service delivery related to mental health and substance use conditions. The main goal of the journal is to publish scholarship (original research and practice-focused articles, editorials, interviews, briefings, letters to the editors, etc.) that contributes both to knowledge development and continuum of care from mental health promotion and mental illness prevention to psychiatric treatment and recovery at the primary, secondary, and tertiary levels of prevention across the lifespan.
JAPNA is published by SAGE Publications six times a year: February, April, June, August, October, and December. APNA membership includes a subscription JAPNA.
Members may also access JAPNA online (see below for more information). Visit the SAGE website for non-member subscription information.
Continuing Education Articles
APNA Members can earn contact hours at no cost from select articles in JAPNA! Articles eligible for contact hours will have an icon indicating that they provide Free CE.
How to Earn Contact Hours:
- Click the button above to log in with your APNA account go to the JAPNA homepage.
- Click on the Current Issue button to view the current issue.
- Scroll through the articles to find the Free CE icon which indicates that the article is eligible for continuing education.
- Click on the article title and read the article.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page to the section labeled “Continuing Education”.
- Follow the instructions to take a post-test and complete an online evaluation. You’ll then be able to print or email your CE certificate!