APNA Award For Distinguished Service
The APNA Award for Distinguished Service is intended as recognition for commitment, initiative, loyalty, integrity and exceptional and meritorious service to the American Psychiatric Nurses Association. This service may include, but is not limited to: officer, board member, state or regional representative, task forces or committees of either national APNA or its affiliated chapters and those individuals who may not have held office but provided outstanding service to psychiatric-mental health nursing through membership in APNA.The individual must have been a member of APNA for at least two years.
- Demonstrates consistent leadership in promoting and advancing psychiatric-mental health nursing.
- Has a history of leadership through outstanding service in the areas of public advocacy, organizational leadership, education, or research.
- Has shown dedicated service and sustained commitment to furthering the development of APNA and its members.
- Demonstrates involvement with APNA through attendance at APNA conferences, committee leadership, and/or participation in key APNA initiatives.
- Has attended at least 2 APNA conferences in the past 5 years.
View past APNA Awards recipients here.