APNA Board of Directors Student Scholarship
Nursing students gain valuable exposure to the psychiatric-mental health nursing profession and kick start their leadership development through this unique scholarship program. These scholarships include:
- Registration and travel/lodging to attend the APNA Annual Conference this October 4-7 in Lake Buena Vista, FL.
- One year complimentary membership in the APNA
- Access to mentoring and networking opportunities to connect with psychiatric-mental health nurses around the country.
Applications are now closed.
All applications are under review. Notifications about applications will be sent in June.
Eligibility and Selection Criteria
If applying as a GRADUATE Student:
- At the time of application, be a full-time or part-time graduate student enrolled in an accredited nursing program leading to a Master’s or Doctoral degree in nursing with an emphasis on psychiatric-mental health nursing. Eligible programs include: Master’s in PMHN, Non-PMHN Master’s Program, Post Master’s PMHN Certificate Program, or Doctoral Program. Students who will graduate in Spring 2023 are also eligible.
If applying as an PRELICENSURE/UNDERGRADUATE Student:
- At the time of application, be a full-time student enrolled in a state-approved nursing program leading to licensure as a Registered Nurse (Associate Degree, Diploma, Baccalaureate, Accelerated/2nd degree) at the time of application. Students who will graduate in Spring 2023 are also eligible. Prelicensure/Undergraduate students need to express an interest in psychiatric-mental health nursing.
For BOTH Graduate and Prelicensure/Undergraduate Applicants:
- Have not previously received an APNA Student Scholarship.
- Have completed more than 50% of the total credits required for graduation at the time of application. (Students graduating in Spring 2023 are also eligible.)
- Have a minimum grade point average of 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale).
- Have a letter of nomination/recommendation from an APNA member (Program Director / Nominating Faculty / Nurse Professional) which speaks to the nominee/applicant’s interest and/or performance in psychiatric-mental health nursing.
- Must participate fully in the APNA Annual Conference, including travel.
- Sign the necessary release forms.
- Provide post-conference evaluation of the program.
- Participate in an APNA project (details will be provided to scholarship recipients).
There is no limit on the number of students who can apply from your school. However, APNA reserves the right to limit the number of scholars selected per institution.
The Application Walkthrough Tutorial is a guide to what is entailed in submitting your application.