American Psychiatric Nurses Association
Board of Directors
Student Scholarship Program 2015
Your school may submit multiple nominees/applicants - feel free to let others know about this program/application!
The application period for the 2015 scholarship is closed. Applicants will be notified in early July.
Nursing students from across the United States are invited to apply and nursing faculty are invited to nominate one or more students from their school for the 2015 APNA BOD Student Scholarship Program. This scholarship includes registration, travel and lodging expenses to attend the APNA 29th Annual Conference, October 28-31, 2015 in Lake Buena Vista, Florida. In addition, winners receive one year complimentary membership in the APNA. Please note that only completed applications received on or before May 11, 2015 will be considered. All required information on your submission must be completed before the deadline. There will be no exceptions.
Eligibility and selection criteria
If applying as a GRADUATE Student: At the time of nomination, be a full-time or part-time graduate student enrolled in an accredited nursing program leading to a Master’s or Doctoral degree in nursing with an emphasis on psychiatric mental health nursing. Options available for "Type of Graduate Program" in the application: Master's in PMHN, Non-PMHN Master's Program, Post Master's PMHN Certificate Program, Doctoral Program, Other
**Take a peek at what you will need for entering the application: Click here to view screen shots of the Graduate Application.
If applying as an PRELICENSURE/UNDERGRADUATE Student: Be a full-time student enrolled in a state-approved nursing program leading to licensure as a Registered Nurse (Associate Degree, Diploma, Baccalaureate, Accelerated/2nd degree) at the time of nomination. Students who will graduate in Spring 2015 are also eligible. Undergraduate students need to express an interest in psychiatric mental health nursing.
**Take a peek at what you will need for entering the application: Click here to view screen shots of the Prelicensure/Undergraduate Application.
For both Graduate and Prelicensure/Undergraduate Applicants:
- Have not previously received an APNA Student Scholarship.
- Have completed more than 50% of the total credits required for graduation.
- Have a minimum grade point average of 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale).
- Have a letter of nomination/recommendation from an APNA member (Program Director / Nominating Faculty / Nurse Professional) which speaks to the nominee/applicant's interest and/or performance in psychiatric mental health nursing.
- Must meet all travel requirements and participate in the APNA 29th Annual Conference, October 28-31, 2015 in Lake Buena Vista, Florida.
- Sign the necessary release forms.
- Provide post-conference evaluation of the program.
- Participate in an APNA project (details will be provided to scholarship recipients).
There is no limit on the number of students nominated from your school.
Required Document to Upload at the end of Application
- Nomination / Recommendation Letter - Click here to download the Nomination / Recommendation form that will need to be completed and uploaded later in the submission process. Remember, this person should speak to the nominee/applicant's interest and/or performance in psychiatric mental health nursing and must be an APNA member.
**This document must be uploaded onto the online submission site. No separately emailed or mailed documents will be accepted.