Annual Conference Overview
About the APNA 30th Annual Conference
|Early Bird Deadline
September 7, 2016
September 23, 2016
October 10, 2016
October 19-22, 2016
December 2, 2016
What: The premiere event for psychiatric nursing
Who: Psychiatric-mental health nurses (both RN and APRN) from around the globe
When: October 19-22, 2016
Where: Connecticut Convention Center | Hartford, Connecticut
Why: Earn up to 128+ total continuing nursing education contact hours at the conference and online afterwards, network with colleagues, discuss issues in psychiatric-mental health nursing, and stay up-to-date on the latest evidence-based best practices!
Continuing education contact hours are awarded based on the number of sessions attended and evaluations completed. The APNA 30th Annual Conference will offer up to 28 contact hours onsite.
Attendees will have the option to earn additional contact hours for sessions via online session recordings. This means up to 128+ contact hours can be earned by attending this year's Annual Conference! Note: This number is not final and subject to change.
Psychopharmacology Contact Hours
Up to 10.25 psychopharmacology contact hours will be offered onsite at the APNA 30th Annual Conference. These sessions include:
- Pharmacology of Medical Cannabis*
- Risk Management Considerations When Prescribing Controlled Substances*
- Pharmacogenomics Nursing: Personalized Health Care*
- Fatal Attractions: Psychotropics, Cardio-Pulmonary Drugs, and AntiRetrovirals...Deadly Combinations
- How Not to Prescribe Benzodiazepines: You're getting nervous already, aren't you?
- 2015 ASAM Guidelines for the Use of Medications in Opioid Addictions: What Providers Need to Know about Implementing It into Practice
*Pre-Conference sessions: Registration for the Pre-Conference is an additional cost.
Conference Learning Outcomes
By the end of this conference the learner will be better able to:
- Explore opportunities to develop networks for intra and inter-professional support and leadership development.
- Apply innovative best practice tools and strategies in various workplace settings to improve the mental health of the population.
- Advance psychiatric-mental health nursing by leading health care changes across administration, education, practice, and research.
- Visit the Registration page for conference costs and registration options. You can also download the Registration Brochure.
- Save $75 with Early Bird Registration. Early Bird Registration closes September 7th.
- Pre-Registration for the conference ends October 10th.
- Registration will reopen at the conference on October 19th.
Schedule and Program
- Check out the Conference Program & Schedule
- Learn about this year's featured speakers:
Hotel & Travel
APNA has secured a discounted rate for three local hotels. Please visit the Hotel & Travel page for more information.
|Hartford Hilton||Holiday Inn Hartford Downtown Area||Radisson Hotel Hartford|
|$159 single/double plus tax||$179 single/double plus tax||$179 single/double plus tax|
*Hotel reservations cannot be made in the APNA block without a completed registration for the conference. Reservations must be made before September 23, 2016 at 5pm ET through the conference registration process. Accommodations at APNA conference hotels are not guaranteed; guest rooms are available on a first come, first served basis.
Travel: The closest airport to the Connecticut Convention Center is Bradley International Airport. (BDL).
Learn more on the Hotel & Travel page.
Shuttle Service: CTTransit offers a free circulator bus in downtown Hartford that begins at the convention center.