APNA Board of Directors Student Scholarship
Each year, nursing students from across the United States are invited to apply and nursing faculty are invited to nominate one or more students from their school for the APNA BOD Student Scholarship Program. This scholarship includes registration, travel and lodging expenses to attend the View the 2016 APNA BOD Student Scholars.
Please note: the application period for the 2016 APNA BOD Student Scholarship program has now closed.
Eligibility and Selection Criteria
If applying as a GRADUATE Student: At the time of nomination, be a full-time or part-time graduate student enrolled in an accredited nursing program leading to a Master’s or Doctoral degree in nursing with an emphasis on psychiatric-mental health nursing. Options available for "Type of Graduate Program" in the application: Master's in PMHN, Non-PMHN Master's Program, Post Master's PMHN Certificate Program, Doctoral Program, Other
**Take a peek at what you will need for entering the application: Click here to view screen shots of the Graduate Application.
If applying as an PRELICENSURE/UNDERGRADUATE Student: Be a full-time student enrolled in a state-approved nursing program leading to licensure as a Registered Nurse (Associate Degree, Diploma, Baccalaureate, Accelerated/2nd degree) at the time of nomination. Students who will graduate in Spring 2016 are also eligible. Undergraduate students need to express an interest in psychiatric-mental health nursing.
**Take a peek at what you will need for entering the application: Click here to view screen shots of the Prelicensure/Undergraduate Application.
For both Graduate and Prelicensure/Undergraduate Applicants:
- Have not previously received an APNA Student Scholarship.
- Have completed more than 50% of the total credits required for graduation.
- Have a minimum grade point average of 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale).
- Have a letter of nomination/recommendation from an APNA member (Program Director / Nominating Faculty / Nurse Professional) which speaks to the nominee/applicant's interest and/or performance in psychiatric mental health nursing.
- Must meet all travel requirements and participate in the APNA 30th Annual Conference, October 19-22, 2016 in Hartford, Connecticut.
- Sign the necessary release forms.
- Provide post-conference evaluation of the program.
- Participate in an APNA project (details will be provided to scholarship recipients).
There is no limit on the number of students nominated from your school. However, APNA reserves the right to limit the number of scholars selected per institution.
Required Document to Upload at the end of Application
- Nomination / Recommendation Letter - Click here to download the Nomination / Recommendation form that will need to be completed and uploaded later in the submission process. Remember, this person should speak to the nominee/applicant's interest and/or performance in psychiatric mental health nursing and must be an APNA member.
**This document must be uploaded onto the online submission site. No separately emailed or mailed documents will be accepted.