Nominations are open now to submit your name for the Chapter Board of Directors.
Response deadline is February 13, 2014.
Click here to submit your name for the ballot.
Elections To Be Held
In recent years the activity in the Arizona Chapter has been limited. There has been interest expressed to revitalize the chapter. This requires the election of a Board of Directors for the chapter.
This email is to announce that the elections will be conducted using the process and timeline described below and to also give members an opportunity to comment on the process. Questions or comments should be forwarded to:
Nicholas Croce Jr., MS
APNA Executive Director
This is an exciting time for Psychiatric Mental Health Nursing and greater involvement of the APNA Arizona Chapter adds strength to psychiatric nursing's voice. We look forward to your participation and encourage you to place your name in nomination when the call for nominees is sent in January.
APNA Executive Director
1. ANNOUNCEMENT: Announcement of process sent to all active and inactive members with request for comments or questions. Dec. 17
2. NOMINEES: Email sent to all members requesting nominees. Nominees express their willingness to serve as President or only on the Board. They write a brief 100 word statement of qualifications. Jan. 30
3. BALLOT: All names placed on the ballot and ballot emailed to all members. Candidate statements posted on chapter page. Feb. 17
4. RESULTS: Polls closed and results reported to chapter. Mar. 3
Top three elected to the Board.
Top vote getter willing to serve as President is declared president and serves a one (1) year term.
2nd Highest Person serves three (3) years
3rd highest person serves two (2) years.
5. BOARD ANNOUNCES POSITIONS: Elected board selects from among themselves who will be secretary, treasurer and members at large and announce to membership. Mar. 20
6. SPECIAL CIRCUMSTANCES: In the event that fewer than three (3) members are on the initial ballot, the election will ask members to make a selection for President. The other names on the ballot will become members of the Board and the Board will select the officers and will recruit members from the chapter to fill the vacant board seats. To be completed no later than Mar. 31
Any APNA member who resides in Arizona automatically becomes a member of the Arizona Chapter. If you are interested in joining or renewing your membership, please see the Membership tab on APNA’s home page for more information about the application process and dues.
Member Bridge Network
Use Member Bridge to connect with your local community! If you are not familiar with our members-only networking site, click here for an introductory presentation.