Call for Abstracts
You are invited to submit an abstract for a poster presentation at the 2015 Conference of the Iowa Chapter of the American Psychiatric Nurses Association (APNA) to be held on Friday, May 29th at Prairie Meadows Conference Center.
Click here for more information and to submit your poster presentation.
The abstract submission deadline is Monday, March 16.
Schroder and Benfer Awards Nominations
The APNA Iowa Chapter offers the Schroder and Benfer awards. The awards will be presented at the 2015 annual conference on Friday, May 29th at Prairie Meadows Conference Center in Altoona, Iowa.
Click here for more information.
Click here to nominate!
Deadline to nominate is April 13, 2015.
The Iowa Psychiatric Nurses Association is a Chapter of the American Psychiatric Nurses Association (APNA). APNA is the premier voice of psychiatric-mental health nurses in the United States as well as internationally. In 1994, the Iowa Chapter was formally chartered as a chapter of APNA. Since that time, the Iowa Chapter has emerged as Iowa’s only formal professional organization for psychiatric nurses. We invite all psychiatric nurses practicing in Iowa and surrounding states to join.
APNA – IA Chapter Board Goals 2013 - 2014
- Strengthen communication and networking within our membership through Regional Meetings and electronic communication.
- Maintain our legislative networking system .
- Strengthen membership recruitment, retention, participation and recognition.
- Continue developing liaisons with other organizations.
Any APNA member who resides in Iowa is automatically a member of the Iowa Chapter. If you are interested in joining or renewing your membership, please see the Membership tab on APNA’s home page for more information about the application process and dues.
Advantages of Joining our Chapter
- An ongoing opportunity for networking with other nurses sharing common situations, challenges and goals.
- Continuing education on a regional basis at minimal cost to members
- Current information and potential action regarding issues impacting the field of psychiatric nursing.
- Nurses with a personal “grass roots” link with APNA.
Together, we can do it!
2015 Annual Chapter Conference: The Future of Psychiatric Mental Health Nursing in Iowa: Leading Change and Advancing Mental Health.
Friday, May 29, 2015
Visit the Events Page for More Information!
Member Bridge Network
Use Member Bridge to connect with your local community! If you are not familiar with our members-only networking site, click here for an introductory presentation.