The Iowa Psychiatric Nurses Association is a Chapter of the American Psychiatric Nurses Association (APNA). APNA is the premier voice of psychiatric-mental health nurses in the United States as well as internationally. In 1994, the Iowa Chapter was formally chartered as a chapter of APNA. Since that time, the Iowa Chapter has emerged as Iowa’s only formal professional organization for psychiatric nurses. We invite all psychiatric nurses practicing in Iowa and surrounding states to join.
APNA – IA Chapter Board Goals 2013 - 2014
- Strengthen communication and networking within our membership through Regional Meetings and electronic communication.
- Maintain our legislative networking system .
- Strengthen membership recruitment, retention, participation and recognition.
- Continue developing liaisons with other organizations.
Any APNA member who resides in Iowa is automatically a member of the Iowa Chapter. If you are interested in joining or renewing your membership, please see the Membership tab on APNA’s home page for more information about the application process and dues.
Advantages of Joining our Chapter
- An ongoing opportunity for networking with other nurses sharing common situations, challenges and goals.
- Continuing education on a regional basis at minimal cost to members
- Current information and potential action regarding issues impacting the field of psychiatric nursing.
- Nurses with a personal “grass roots” link with APNA.
Together, we can do it!
Member Bridge Network