Through APNA, our more than 10,000 members are connected with a dynamic community of psychiatric mental health nurses, exceptional resources and programs, and opportunities to advance the PMH nursing profession.
Continuing Education & Professional Growth
- Enhance your PMH nursing knowledge with APNA’s more than 220 online continuing education sessions offering up to 217.25 contact hours - use your member bonus points to access this content in the APNA eLearning Center at little to no cost.
- Learn the latest best practices in psychiatric mental health nursing or share your expertise as a presenter at the Annual Conference.
- Receive cutting edge psychopharmacology CNE at the Clinical Psychopharmacology Institute or online with over 35 sessions available for pharmacology credits.
- Expand your local connections by participating in your chapter regional events and educational opportunities.
- Apply for grants and scholarships from the American Psychiatric Nursing Foundation.
- Manage your resumes, browse job postings specific to your search criteria, and access career advice with APNA CareerLine.
Networking & Information Access
- Connect with your fellow members and benefit from each other’s expert knowledge through Member Bridge, APNA’s networking and discussion site.
- Access current evidence-based PMH nursing research with a free subscription to our bi-monthly Journal of the American Psychiatric Nurses Association (JAPNA).
- Enrich your nursing practice with the wealth of resources available in our online Resource Center: position papers, guides, kits, and tools specific to topic areas within PMH nursing, as well as medication updates, graduate programs listing, and the latest information on LACE and the APRN Consensus Model.
- Become a part of a collegial community and make an impact on your field by joining one of APNA’s 18 volunteer committees.
- Stay up-to-date on your association and info relevant to PMH nursing through our monthly newsletter, APNA News: The Psychiatric Nursing Voice.
- Lend your support to APNA’s alliances with key stakeholders in order to promote mental health and nursing.
- Enjoy - access a network of nurses from across disciplines, ANA online publications, a range of free & discounted professional development programs and continuing education, and more.
- Track important relevant legislation in your state with the .
- Save $200 on regular registration fees for the APNA Annual Conference and the Clinical Psychopharmacology Institute.
- Download full-text articles from JAPNA at no cost (a savings of $32 per article).
- Receive reduced rates on APNA continuing education programs and bonus points to use in the APNA eLearning Center – Earn up to 7.25 contact hours for free!
- Save on certification, exams and review materials from the American Nurses Credentialing Center with deals exclusively for APNA members. ANCC Discounts
- Enjoy discounted prices (up to 50% off!) on select publications as a part of APNA’s Publications Discounts Program.
- Get special rates on other associations’ conference registrations and educational materials.
What APNA Members are saying: