Through APNA, our more than 10,000 members are connected with a dynamic community of psychiatric mental health nurses, exceptional resources and programs, and opportunities to advance the PMH nursing profession.
Continuing Education & Professional Growth
- Enhance your PMH nursing knowledge with APNA’s more than 220 online continuing education sessions offering up to 217.25 contact hours - use your member bonus points to access this content in the APNA eLearning Center at little to no cost.
- Learn the latest best practices in psychiatric mental health nursing or share your expertise as a presenter at the Annual Conference.
- Receive cutting edge psychopharmacology CNE at the Clinical Psychopharmacology Institute or online with over 35 sessions available for pharmacology credits.
- Expand your local connections by participating in your chapter regional events and educational opportunities.
- Apply for grants and scholarships from the American Psychiatric Nursing Foundation.
- Manage your resumes, browse job postings specific to your search criteria, and access career advice with APNA CareerLine.
Networking & Information Access
- Connect with your fellow members and benefit from each other’s expert knowledge through Member Bridge, APNA’s networking and discussion site.
- Access current evidence-based PMH nursing research with a free subscription to our bi-monthly Journal of the American Psychiatric Nurses Association (JAPNA).
- Enrich your nursing practice with the wealth of resources available in our online Resource Center: position papers, guides, kits, and tools specific to topic areas within PMH nursing, as well as medication updates, graduate programs listing, and more.
- Become a part of a collegial community and make an impact on your field by joining one of APNA’s 18 volunteer committees.
- Stay up-to-date on your association and info relevant to PMH nursing through our monthly newsletter, APNA News: The Psychiatric Nursing Voice.
- Lend your support to APNA’s alliances with key stakeholders in order to promote mental health and nursing.
- Enjoy - access a network of nurses from across disciplines, ANA online publications, free & discounted programs and continuing education, and more.
- Track important relevant legislation in your state with the .
- Save $200 on regular registration fees for the APNA Annual Conference and the Clinical Psychopharmacology Institute.
- Download full-text articles from JAPNA at no cost (a savings of $39 per article).
- Receive reduced rates on APNA continuing education programs and bonus points to use in the APNA eLearning Center – Earn contact hours for free!
- Save on certification, exams and review materials from the American Nurses Credentialing Center with deals exclusively for APNA members. ANCC Discounts
- Enjoy discounted prices (up to 50% off!) on select publications as a part of APNA’s Publications Discounts Program.
- Get special rates on other associations’ conference registrations and educational materials.
What APNA Members are saying:
The American Psychiatric Nurses Association is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accredition.