APNA Kansas Chapter
The purpose of the Kansas Chapter is to foster and support the professional development of all levels of psychiatric/mental health nurses and to promote the application of psychiatric/mental health nursing through such means as teaching, continuing education, professional communications – including research activities, dissemination and collaboration of knowledge among colleagues; cooperation and collaboration with other professional associates, health care organizations, educational institutions and governmental bodies in issues affecting the quality of mental health care toward the overall goal of the betterment of patient care and services.
- Promote the highest professional standards of practice for psychiatric/mental health nurses in a variety of roles and diverse settings.
- Provide a communication network for the exchange of information, ideas, experiences and research to improve care provided by psychiatric/mental health nurses.
- Facilitate the professional development and further learning of psychiatric/mental health nurses through educational programs, conferences and other professional activities.
- Collaborate with various groups and constituencies to influence public and health care policy that shape the provision of mental health care services.
- Encourage individuals to enter the practice of psychiatric/mental health nursing and support those in the specialty.
Any APNA member who resides in Kansas is automatically a member of the Kansas Chapter. If you are interested in joining or renewing your membership, please see the Membership tab on APNA’s home page for more information about the application process and dues.
If you are not receiving information via e-mail from the chapter, please contact email@example.com with your updated contact information. We want to be sure our members receive the information they need to benefit fully from their chapter membership!
Kansas Chapter Governance Policies
2023 Chapter Meeting Schedule
February 14, 7-8pm
April 11, 7-8pm
June 13, 7-8pm
August 15, 7-8pm
October 10, 7-8pm
December 12, 7-8pm