APNA Transitions in Practice
An online certificate program that delivers the latest evidence-based knowledge and skills essential to providing psychiatric-mental health nursing care
|Boost Confidence & Competence
Earn 16 Contact Hours
|Improve Patient Care
“Very informative, clinically relevant, and very practical.”
“I learned new information to better myself and the patients I serve.”
“I feel more confident in my knowledge and awareness of best practice.”
The APNA Transitions in Practice (ATP) Certificate program covers the knowledge and information foundational to psychiatric-mental health (PMH) nursing practice. ATP is a self-paced online curriculum that includes on-demand faculty presentations, case studies, post-tests and evaluations. With four modules that focus on the most up-to-date best practices and evidence-based nursing knowledge, it will optimize success in psychiatric-mental health nursing practice and improve healthcare outcomes for persons with mental health disorders. Download the brochure.
Who should participate?
- RNs who are new to or considering employment in psychiatric-mental health nursing
- RNs looking to refresh and update their PMH nursing practice
- RNs who encounter persons with mental health needs in their current setting
- Nurse educators who are instrumental in providing orientation to PMH nurses
- Nurse administrators responsible for hiring PMH nurses
Registration & Cost
- $200 for APNA Members
- $250 for Nonmembers
- Bulk purchase pricing is available to institutions interested in purchasing the program in blocks of 10 or more. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
*APNA reserves the right to make program changes as necessary which may affect the actual number of contact hours.
The American Psychiatric Nurses Association is accredited as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.