APNA Recovery Council
APNA members must log in
|List of Council Members|
To have recovery inspired trauma-informed systems of care as best practice for every psychiatric mental health nurse in all treatment settings where individuals experiencing a mental health or substance abuse illness can heal and grow.
The mission of the APNA Recovery Council is to empower the psychiatric-mental health nurse to learn and utilize recovery practice techniques in their care.
- Recovery is possible for individuals with mental illness.
- It is important to empower individuals to achieve recovery.
- Hope is an essential component of recovery and includes the belief that a meaningful life is possible.
- Empowerment offers people the tools to help themselves.
- Using person-first language demonstrates respect for all individuals.
- Mental health recovery is a journey of healing and transformation enabling a person with a mental health problem to live a meaningful life in a community of his/her choice while striving to achieve his/her full potential (SAMHSA).
To educate and empower psychiatric mental health nurses in varied environments and at all levels of practice to utilize recovery oriented principles and promote recovery cultures.