Psychiatric Nurse Of The Year
The APNA Psychiatric Nurse of the Year Award recognizes an APNA member who demonstrates vision, perseverance, dedication, initiative and facilitation in the delivery of mental health services to individuals, families and their communities. The individual must have been a member of APNA for at least two years.
- Demonstrates vision in providing creative solutions.
- Exhibits and encourages risk taking.
- Challenges traditional roles and perspectives of psychiatric-mental health nursing.
- Champions the facilitation of mental health services for individuals/families/communities.
- Disseminates psychiatric-mental health nursing knowledge (published paper or oral presentation)
- Is recognized as a leader committed to assisting other nurses in their development as psychiatric-mental health nurses.
- Click here and log in with your APNA username and password.
- On the My Applications screen, select APNA Annual Awards from the dropdown menu and then press the Launch Application button. (If you do not see the dropdown menu, please click My Applications in your navigation.)
- Complete the online nomination form.
- Use the tabs to navigate through each section of the form and remember to hit the Save as draft button as you go.
- When completing the form, be sure to include specific examples of how the nominee has achieved excellence in his/her practice, what makes the nominee stand out in the profession, and what the nominee has accomplished that meets the criteria.
- Find a reference to complete the form.
- On the reference tab of your nomination submission, enter a contact’s name and email address to generate an email that will include a link to submit their reference.
- In order to be considered, each nomination must have both a nominator and a reference.
- Once your nomination is complete, press the Submit Final Nomination button.
APNA Awards and Honors