APNA Psychiatric Nurse Of The Year
The APNA Psychiatric Nurse of the Year Award recognizes an APNA member who demonstrates vision, perseverance, dedication, initiative and facilitation in the delivery of mental health services to individuals, families and their communities. The individual must have been a member of APNA for at least two years.
- Shows vision in advancing the profession
- Challenges traditional thinking: encourages risk-taking and creative solutions in providing care to the people served. Contributes to the development of new roles and perspectives within psychiatric-mental health nursing.
- Champions the delivery of recovery-oriented mental health and substance use services for individuals/families/communities.
- Disseminates psychiatric-mental health nursing knowledge and expertise through presentation, publication, or some other means.
- Leads through mentoring other PMH nurses in their development.
View past APNA Awards recipients here.