For PMH Nurses Today and Beyond – Updated Scope & Standards
After eight years of advancements since the 2014 publication, the newest edition of this essential guideline for psychiatric-mental health nurses will become available this June. Psychiatric-Mental Health Nursing: Scope and Standards of Practice, Third Edition is more reflective of your current nursing reality with updates focused on:
- Expanded focus on population health, the social determinants of health/mental health, and inclusion of these factors in PMH nursing assessment
- Expanded review of disparities/inequities in PMH care
- Recognition of substance use disorders as psychiatric disorders and the need for all PMH nurses to be competent in providing the full range of care
- Identification of new/expanded roles for PMH RNs/APRNs (e.g. integrated care, telehealth care)
- Completely updated references and glossary terms
- Creation of a PMH Nursing timeline graphic from 1882-2020
This updated edition has the potential to impact legal and statutory barriers to full scope of practice at state and national levels. It is a testament to the past, present, and future of PMH nursing practice and will be a trusted resource to guide your work.
More details about APNA member ebook access and ordering print copies coming soon. Meanwhile, members can take advantage of a Nurses and Mental Health month gift — this session — which provides an overview of the changes and .75 contact hours available!