APNA Annual Awards
The APNA Annual Awards recognize APNA members who demonstrate excellence in psychiatric-mental health nursing practice, education, research, leadership, community efforts, and more. This year's recipients will be recognized during the APNA 35th Annual Conference, on the APNA website and in the newsletter, and in an APNA press release distributed to media outlets across the country.
SUBMIT A NOMINATION
- Click here and click the Register button to create an account. New this year: Even if you have submitted a nomination in the past, you will need to create an account. If the system says you have an account but you do not know your password, please click Forgot Password.
- On the My Programs screen, select APNA Annual Awards from the dropdown menu and then press the Create button. (If you do not see the dropdown menu, please click My Dashboard in your navigation.)
- Complete the online nomination form. Please note: you must be an APNA member to submit a nomination.
- Use the tabs to navigate through each section of the form and remember to hit the Save as draft button as you go.
- When completing the form, be sure to include specific examples of how the nominee has achieved excellence in their area, what makes the nominee stand out in the profession, and what the nominee has accomplished that meets the award criteria.
- Find a reference to also complete the form and support your nomination. The reference does not need to be an APNA member.
- Once you have selected a reference, go to the reference tab of your nomination. Enter their name and email address to generate an email request with a link to submit their letter of reference.
- In order to be considered, each nomination must have both a nominator and a reference.
- Once your nomination is complete, press the Submit Final Nomination button. Be sure to submit your completed nomination (with reference) by April 20, 2021.
APNA Psychiatric Nurse of the Year
The APNA Psychiatric Nurse of the Year Award recognizes an APNA member who demonstrates vision, perseverance, dedication, initiative and facilitation in the delivery of mental health services to individuals, families and their communities.
APNA Award for Distinguished Service
The APNA Distinguished Service Award is intended as recognition for commitment, initiative, loyalty, integrity, and exceptional and meritorious service to the American Psychiatric Nurses Association.
APNA Award for Excellence in Education
This award recognizes an APNA member who has fostered the professional growth of psychiatric-mental health nurses through imparting knowledge, skill, and critical analysis to the field.
APNA Award for Innovation - Chapter
This award recognizes an APNA chapter that has creatively implemented a successful project/activity that has potential to further the goals and objectives of the association.
APNA Award for Innovation - Individual
This award recognizes an APNA member who has developed and/or demonstrated a new, fresh approach to care through innovation in psychiatric-mental health nursing practice.
APNA Award for Excellence in Leadership - APRN
This award honors an APNA advanced level member who has distinguished him/herself as an accomplished nursing leader.
APNA Award for Excellence in Leadership - RN
This APNA member must demonstrate unique leadership qualities through significant contributions to an organization, a community, the psychiatric-mental health nursing specialty, or the nursing profession.
APNA Award for Media
This award recognizes APNA members who have demonstrated excellence in producing media related to psychiatric-mental health nursing. One or more categories (book, video, etc.) may be awarded in a given year.
APNA Award for Excellence in Practice - APRN
This award recognizes an APNA APRN-PMH member who has made significant contributions to psychiatric-mental health nursing practice.
APNA Award for Excellence in Practice - RN
This award recognizes an APNA RN-PMH who provides or promotes exemplary psychiatric-mental health nursing practice to patients, families and populations.